Monday, August 31, 2009

What Can You Stockpile?

In a posting last week "How I get my grocery bill down to $50 a week", I talked about stockpiling items when you can purchase them at a rock bottom price or get them for Free. BUT what exactly can you stockpile?

Food
  • When I find a GREAT deal on meats, I will purchase extra for dinners for the upcoming weeks and store them in my freezer

  • Bread....YUP that freezes too! About a month ago, Food Lion had a sale on their store brand sandwich bread where I was able to purchase two loaves of bread for about $0.75 for both. So I stocked up on bread and stored them in my freezer. When you are ready to use the bread, I typically take a loaf of bread out the day before, let it thaw, and it still taste fresh!

  • Deli meats for sandwiches - typically with a sale at Food Lion matched with their Deli FLIP (Food Lion Printable), you can get a lb. of sliced deli meat for $1.00 - $1.50 per lb. Great stock-up opportunity to where I don't have to pay full price for sandwich meat during the school year

  • Dry Goods such as pasta, Mac N'Cheese, Rice, Cereal, etc. typically have a longer shelf life so you will be just fine storing these products in your pantry if you know you will be consuming these within the year

  • Muffin mixes & Cookie Mixes - if I know it will be awhile before making these items, I will go ahead and freeze these too!

  • Other freezer items that I store: Shredded Cheese, Hot Dog/Hamburger Buns, Hot Dogs, etc.

Other Items that I stockpile which you should never, EVER, have to pay full price for:

  • Toilet Paper - typically you can get this product at a rock bottom price

  • Toothpaste - you should never have to pay OOP for this item unless it is paying the tax for it! Typically you can get Toothpaste for FREE with CVS deals

  • Toothbrushes - FREE

  • Razors & Shaving Cream - Close to FREE if not FREE

  • Shampoo & Conditioner - FREE

  • Certain brands of Make-up - Close to free if not FREE

  • Mouthwash - FREE

  • Laundry detergent - typically you can stockpile these items when they are on sale at CVS & grocery store deals

  • Cleaning Supplies - FREE

  • Aluminum Foil - FREE

  • Sandwich bags, etc. - Close to FREE

  • Deodorants - FREE

  • Stain Remover such as Shout - Close to FREE

  • Tons & Tons of Johnson's Buddies Soap for my Kids - FREE

  • Facial cleanser & Scrubs - Close to FREE

  • Kotex feminine products - FREE

  • Air Freshener and Plug-ins - FREE

  • Napkins and Paper Plate Products - FREE

  • Condiments such as Ketchup & Mustard - FREE

Do you stockpile and freeze certain items? IF SO, please post a comment & share. I would love to know what other people are doing when it comes to stockpiling their goodies!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP